"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 16, 2014

Wednesdays in the Word

So, these verses really struck me yesterday:

"Pursue peace with all people.
and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God,
lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, 
and by this many become defiled." Hebrews 12:14-15

The grace of God gives us the power to keep from "falling short" and letting bitterness "spring up" and "cause trouble." When I think of bitterness being something that "defiles" us, it makes me pray and start examining my heart to see if I am holding anything against anyone. I certainly don't want to be 'defiled.'
It is also the grace that we extend to others that keeps us free and then our souls are not fertile ground for the "springing up" of any "roots of bitterness." Amen?

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear." Hebrews 12:28

~Becky

No comments: