"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 5, 2014

Are you ready for some football?

Hubby was sooo excited last night for football season! To him it is 'the most wonderful time of the year.' One of our kids was telling me yesterday that part of the reason he loves football is because he loves how much DAD loves football! And he loves to see how excited he gets over it.
(its also the only time he yells all year! So, I nearly jump out of my skin when I sit by him) LOL

The youth group is having their annual mud bowl. Football in the mud. And a part of the ministry's budget actually includes having a water truck come and soak the field with gallons and gallons of water. -Except maybe the budget needs a little help this year because they asked us all to pray it rains until Saturday. LOL
It is some crazy fun! Joy was asked to be on one of the girls' teams and she couldn't be more excited. She's determined to be good at it. So, Dad gave her some pointers last night and then Andrew took her out back to practice. Her team was trying to think of a team name and it sounded like they wanted a cross between something fierce and girly. The options they'd come up with were pretty funny. Praying safety over that cute girl and reminding her that no awesome play is worth a trip to the ER, thank you very much, although the guys in this family might not agree. ; )

Now, I need to find some 'fun' football food that fits into this new way of eating of ours.
Today, I made gluten-free, sugar free banana nut muffins today! (they weren't vegan, but this was a good start!) They were actually delicious. I was surprised! I'm not sure when I've been more excited over a food item. The cancer fighting diet can be on the bland side, which probably means that I need to spend more time on Pinterest finding better recipes. (Pinterest is a god-send when you need paleo, vegan, gluten free etc.. recipes) Anyway, I'm so excited to surprise Hubby with a baked good he can actually eat! Smearing them with almond butter makes them even better. Next week I'll post this and some of our other favorite healthy recipes.

Hope you have a great (football filled) weekend!

~Becky

No comments: