"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 18, 2015

Wednesdays in the Word

Sometimes the storms of life beat on us and threaten to sink us,
like the literal storm did when Jesus and his disciples were in the boat in Mark chapter 4. It says the "waves beat into the boat so that it was already filling." Sometimes we get beat on by some pretty big waves too.
Jesus, living on earth and being human just like the rest of us, was using his travel time to catch some much needed sleep in the stern in between ministry events. ; )
The disciples woke Him up and asked if He even cared that they were perishing. -Maybe they were being a tad bit dramatic, I don't know. I know I have been, in my storms.

When we are being beat upon by the storms of life and we ask Him if He cares, the answer is always 'Yes.'
ALWAYS.
He cared that they were and He cares that we are.
In their case, He made the storm stop immediately. It says "And the wind ceased and there was a great calm." -I can't even tell you how much I love that phrase 'a great calm!'

When I call out and ask Him if He cares, I know that He does, but I, personally, haven't seen all my storms stop on the spot like the disciples literally did. -How awesome would that be!?
They usually continue to rage,
but what I have experienced, time and again is a "great calm" that comes over me IN the storm.
It is indescribable.
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:26

And then as a bonus, He makes sure you get "to the other side of the sea" just like the discples did.

Hallelujah!

~Becky

No comments: