"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 6, 2015

Wednesdays in the Word

I'm reading Beth Moore's book Jesus: The One and Only, and I thought this excerpt from her book was too good not to share:

"I love the practice of daily coming to the line with Christ 
and naming my sins. I don't practice a 
"Lord forgive me for all my sins." 
I don't see true Biblical repentance in that. 
Repentance assumes we are naming the sin to acknowledge
it. Then I like to discuss with God why it doesn't agree
 with His word. Why the sin isn't what He wants for me. 
That kind of repentance begins to get those precepts
 down into my soul. I love Acts 3:19: 'Repent, then,
and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out,
that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.' 
 Now daily confession is like refreshment to our souls.
 We come away from repentance cleansed. 
Ready to be filled. Ready to walk in the Spirit." 

No comments: